Monday, January 26, 2009

Day of Surgery (01/23/09)





Hello,

The day of my surgery came and I was very nervous. I arrived at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. and they began to prep me. They took me back for surgery around 7:00 a.m. and I remember being rolled into the operating room and the anethesiologist saying "okay I am goning to give you a little something that will relax you." And that is all I remember until waking up in recovery and I felt horrible! I have never done well with anesthesia and I was feeling very sick. I remember both surgeons coming to talk to me at different times saying how well the surgery went as I driftted in and out of sleep.
This picture was taken a couple hours after after surgery. That clear thing over my eye is a new kind of eye cold pack.

I was so sick from the anesthesia, but the pain was not too bad, of course I think they had given me a little pain medicine in my IV. I felt like the oxygen mask was not helping me much at all, felt more like it was choking me, so when the nurse came in I asked her if I could take it off and just breathe through it if I needed to becuase I was breathing fine on my own now. She agreed!

This was the very worst day and night of this ordeal for me. Mainly because of being sick from the anesthesia and I did not get much rest that night cause I had to drag an IV rack with me to the bathroom several times, and then everytime I would get semi-comfortbale back in the bed, here the tech would come to take my vitals. I was ready to go home!


No comments:

Post a Comment